Programme: Make Impact, Get Funding
Information and application
Make Impact, Get Funding
Are you working on an innovation for a more sustainable economy and are you looking for €50.000 – €3 million in funding? Is your company based in (or moving to) the region of The Hague? There are plenty of different regional, national and European subsidies available to speed up your development!
ImpactCity has set up a programme, in collaboration with Balance, to help 10 promising sustainable startups and scaleups in finding the right subsidies, and to assist them in obtaining the subsidy. Balance has 25 years of experience in supporting businesses (including startups and scale-ups) getting subsidies. ImpactCity offers the chance to have them guide you, while we foot the bill!
How does it work?
As a founder or employee, you know best what makes your company great. You have all the knowledge when it comes to conveying the importance of your product to investors and customers, but getting subsidies can be tedious. That’s what this programme is about: to help you shape your story to convince subsidy granting authorities to fund your project so you can boost your company!
We will guide you through the process:
- Advice on which subsidy programme is most suitable for you
- Together we make your project fit the subsidy scheme
- You will use your knowledge of the project to write the proposal
- Balance will review your application and give you the necessary feedback to maximise your chance of success
How do I apply?
Send in a pitch deck (max. 10-15 pages) of your company via the form below. Add a short video (max. 3 min.) as well, if possible. Tell us:
- What your company is about, what problem are you solving with what development?
- Which sustainable development goals does your company address?
- Who is behind the company and why did you start it?
- What is the current phase of your company/the project?
- Which market segment are you targeting and who is your ideal customer?
- How will you make money?
- How much funding do you need? What are you planning on spending it on?
- Is it a collaboration with other companies/organisations or do you work on your own?
In short, we would like to get to know you and find out what makes your company great.
All proposals are evaluated relatively and ranked on four criteria. The applicants with a minimum of 15 points will move on to the second phase (see timeline below).
- Innovation (max. 5 points): the extent to which the project has high innovation potential; has a strong added-value, is viable and better than existing solutions.
- Impact (max. 5 points): the extent to which the innovation will make a wider social, economic and/or environmental impact and meets a pressing need.
- Scalability/economic revenue (max. 5 points): the extent to which the innovation will generate revenue, create jobs and is scalable.
- Implementation (max. 5 points): the extent to which the work plan is efficient and coherent with a realistic time-frame. The team has the technical and commercial competence to execute the project and deliver results.
- February 25, 2022: Programme open for applications
- April 11, 2022 (09.00 AM): Application deadline phase 1
- April 18 – May 2, 2022: Phase 1 – interviews with selected start- and scale ups
- May 2022: Announcement selection for phase 2
- May 2022: Phase 2 – quickscan and discussion with the subsidy provider
- May 2022: Announcement of the selected start- and scale ups for the consultancy programme
- May 2022 and onwards: start consultancy programme
Some of the actions described above might be executed simultaneously rather than successively.
The selection process will have a two-stage evaluation process. During the first stage of the evaluation process, ImpactCity will evaluate applicants with Balance and possibly, RVO, based on the video and pitch deck. The applicants that successfully pass this stage will be invited for an interview. Selected applicants will be provided with further instructions for interviews between April 18 and May 2, 2022.
The second phase is the so-called quick scan. The selected applicants from phase 1 will be invited to fill out a quick scan (resume of the project). The best projects will be invited to participate in the consultancy programme.
If you won’t get selected:
Balance will provide you with feedback. A second round may be opened later this year.
Email us: email@example.com
Examples of subsidies within the programme
Please note: the list below provides an indication of the subsidies that could be part of the programme; however it is not limitative list:
Please note: WBSO is excluded from this programme.
1)*Anticipated submission deadlines:
- Standard Action Projects (SAPs) for circular economy and quality of life, nature and biodiversity, climate change mitigation and adaptation sub-programmes: 4 October 2022
- LIFE Action Grants for clean energy transition sub-programme: 16 November 2022
- Strategic Integrated Projects (SIPs) and Strategic Nature Projects (SNAPs):
- Concept notes: 8 September 2022
- Full proposals: 7 March 2023
- Technical Assistance preparation for SIPs and SNAPs: 8 September 2022
- Specific Operating Grant Agreements (SGA OG) for non-profit making entities: 21 September 2022