Grants for Impact
Support programme for impact startups to find and get the grant that fits the company
Grants For Impact
Are you working on an innovative product or service and are you looking for €50.000 – €10 million in funding? Is your company based in or moving to The Hague? There are plenty of different regional, national, and European subsidies or loans available to speed up your development as a company!
In collaboration with Balance Subsidies (part of team EIFFEL), ImpactCity has set up a successful programme to help promising sustainable startups and scale-ups in finding the right subsidies and assist them in obtaining the subsidy. Balance has over 25 years of experience in supporting businesses (including startups and scale-ups) getting subsidies.
This year, we’re launching the third round of this program, previously named “Make Impact, Get Funding”. That means that, once again, ImpactCity offers entrepreneurs the chance to be guided and supported by the experts of Balance while we foot the bill.
“Thanks to the Grants for Impact programme, we knew exactly what the EIC jury looks for when assessing grant applications.”
How does it work?
As a founder or employee, you know best what makes your company great. You have all the knowledge when it comes to conveying the importance of your product to investors and customers, but getting grants and subsidies can be tedious. That’s what this program is about: to help you shape your project to convince subsidy granting authorities to fund your project so you can boost your company!
The process in short:
- Advice on which subsidy programme is most suitable for you
- Together we make your project fit the subsidy scheme
- You will use your knowledge of the project to write the proposal
- Balance Subsidies will review your application and give you the necessary feedback to maximise your chance of success
How do I apply?
Send in a pitch deck of 10-15 pages about your company via the form below. You can use this PowerPoint format, or you can use your own format as long as it includes all the elements listed below. Please tell us:
- What your company is about, what problem are you solving?
- What your solution is about?
- Which sustainable development goals does your company address?
- Who is behind the company and why did you start it?
- What is the current phase of your company/the project (including a TRL estimate)?
- Which market segment are you targeting and who is your ideal customer?
- How will you make money?
- What is the projected revenue / your market opportunity?
- How much funding do you need? What are you planning on spending it on?
- Is it a collaboration with other companies/organisations or do you work on your own?
In short, we would like to get to know you and find out what makes your company great.
All proposals are evaluated relatively and ranked on four criteria. The applicants with a minimum of 15 points will move on to the second phase, in which there will be an interview. Once the interviews are completed, the final selection will take place.
- Innovation (max. 5 points): the extent to which the project has high innovation potential; has a strong added value, is viable, and better than existing solutions.
- Impact (max. 5 points): the extent to which the innovation will make a wider social, economic, and/or environmental impact and meets a pressing need.
- Scalability/economic revenue (max. 5 points): the extent to which the innovation will generate revenue, create jobs, and is scalable.
- Implementation (max. 5 points): the extent to which the work plan is efficient and coherent within a realistic time frame. The team has the technical and commercial competence to execute the project and deliver results.
PowerPoint sheets information session
On Thursday 16 March, we arranged an information session on the Grants for Impact programme. The PowerPoint presentation contains the key information from that session.
Joining this program is no longer possible in 2023. Balance Subsidies will work this year with a selection of the companies and projects that applied by March 31, 2023. We may continue to offer this program in 2024. If you want to stay informed about our programs, sign up for our newsletter at the bottom of this page.
Examples of subsidies within the programme
Please note: the list below provides an indication of the subsidies that could be part of the programme; however it is not limitative list:
Please note: WBSO is excluded from this programme, but Balance Subsidies can provide this for you.