Ten startups selected for ImpactCity Accelerator programme 2022
25 March 2022
— PRESS RELEASE —
Startupbootcamp and ImpactCity The Hague selected the ten participants in the ImpactCity Accelerator programme. The startups have been selected from 260 applicants to join the ImpactCity Accelerator programme. The founding teams have promising innovations in Energy, Wellbeing, Food & Agritech, Climate and Water. The accelerator focuses on increasing growth of sustainable startups in the regional ecosystem. This is the next step towards The Hague becoming the leading impact ecosystem of Europe.
From all 260 applications, 18 start-ups were invited to pitch their business plan during the three-day selection procedure on March 22-24. The startups pitched in front of an expert jury, with partner of the Accelerator program EY and investors Doen Participaties, Rabobank, 4Impact, Shaping Impact Group and InnovationQuarter. Ten of the participants were chosen to join the programme. They will receive extensive support the upcoming months during the ImpactCity Accelerator programme.
The selected startups are:
- Avrio – Decarbonizing small and medium sized commercial buildings.
- Biosphere solar – Creating circular, fair, and open-source solar panels.
- Brute bonen – Ultimate freshly roasted espresso beans, every two weeks in your mailbox. Espresso will never taste the same again!
- Byewaste – ByeWaste has developed an upcycling solution combining AI and smart logistics to create a door to door service for reuse and recycling of unused household items.
- Emergi solutions – Developing renewable energy products for social and economic impact.
- Feelou – The one bra that supports changing boobs.
- Greenatlas – Matchmaking and analytics platform for renewable energy projects.
- Ivvest – Reimagining urban farming with indoor farming tech.
- Project bb – Creating more awareness around the stupidity of littering on our beloved beaches.
- Sibo – Developing clean & efficient insect-based bio-materials & ingredients.
Intensive programme to accelerate growth
The programme aims to support impact startups already based in (5 startups) or those planning to establish themselves in The Hague (5 startups) and accelerate their growth. This way, the ImpactCity Accelerator strengthens the fertile breeding ground of the city for a sustainable new economy.
Coos Santing, programme manager ImpactCity: “We were overwhelmed by the number of applications. It is great to see that 260 sustainable startups are interested to join this unique accelerator programme in the ImpactCity The Hague ecosystem. All startups that joined the selection days did a fantastic job, making it challenging for the selection committee. We look forward to working with the 10 selected promising impact startups.”
In an intensive three-month programme the participants will experience rapid growth. They will have access to a worldwide network of investors. They are matched with experienced mentors who offer practical help and provide them with the right connections. Partners of ImpactCity are also involved in the implementation of the programme. The programme ends with Demo Day, the final event where the participants present their developments to ImpactCity, investors, potential partners and other stakeholders. The program runs from April to the end of June.
More information on the programme: www.impactcityaccelerator.com