We’re hiring: Community Manager Apollo 14
February 15, 2022
We’re hiring! Community Manager at Apollo14 (24-28 hours a week, freelance)
Update March 07, 2022: this position is closed.
Build the impact hotspot of ImpactCity The Hague – Apollo14.
Apollo14 is the impact hotspot of ImpactCity The Hague: the ecosystem that works on innovations accelerating the transition to a sustainable economy. At Apollo14, impact startups, scale-ups, investors, corporates, and governments work side-by-side. It is here that impact makers gather and work on innovations. This makes Apollo14 a vibrant hub where you can experience “doing good and doing business” first-hand.
- Facility management
- Community management
- Programming and events
We are looking for an enthusiastic freelancer who will take on the role of a community manager at Apollo14. Together with the ImpactCity (part of the Municipality of The Hague) team, you manage a fully rented building with satisfied tenants, community activities to connect them, communication about the community and events, room rental to members and external parties, and good collaboration with the administrator.
Together with the account manager of ImpactCity, you are responsible for acquiring new tenants and flex workers, and you give guided tours of the property. You also welcome visitors and create the best conditions for encounters and knowledge exchanges within the ecosystem. This makes you the point of contact and face for the impact ecosystem that comes together at Apollo14. Therefore, you are well-informed of what ImpactCity stands for, and you understand the importance of this physical place in it.
In addition, you are the link between the existing community at Apollo14. You initiate and organize community activities such as (online) lunches and drinks, and you ensure a vibrant hub, thus attracting more impact makers.
You are responsible for selecting and supporting community events and external parties on location. In addition, you help with the organization of events for ImpactCity and its partners.
Together with an intern, you take care of the internal communication of Apollo14. This involves writing the newsletter and messages on Slack aimed at the community. You collect content for the Apollo14 website and social media.
Text continues below image
You supervise the maintenance of the building and its areas by the caretaker and manager. You also take care of the administration, such as preparing quotations, invoices, and document management.
You are the community’s first contact person, and you solve problems on the spot. This position offers many opportunities to learn, develop and expand your network. There is also room to initiate and implement your ideas. You will become a part of the ImpactCity team of the Municipality of The Hague, and you will work together with an intern on location.
You work at the ImpactCity office at Apollo14 (obviously according to the applicable guidelines).
Number of hours per week
24-28 hours a week.
Type of employment
ZZP position – 6 months with a possibility to extend to 2 years with good performance.
Skills and competences
- HBO/WO is a strong advantage;
- You are enterprising and can work independently;
- You are an enthusiastic jack-of-all-trades with a passion for impact and innovative entrepreneurship;
- You have a great sense of responsibility;
- You are an excellent discussion partner for innovative entrepreneurs who are looking for suitable accommodation, where you can think along from the entrepreneurs’ perspective;
- You don’t mind taking on all kinds of ad-hoc jobs;;
- You are stress-resistant and can make choices ‘on the spot;
- You like the buzz of a hub, you like working together and meeting new people;;
- You have knowledge of and experience with organizing (online) events;
- You understand how (online) marketing and social media work;
- You are good at writing texts;
- You master the Dutch and English language in word and writing;
- Affinity with public affairs and corresponding organizational sensitivity is a plus. You thrive at the intersection of public and private.